It’s official! Summer is here and everyone wants to be bronzed and beautiful. Well I’m here to tell you… FAKE your tan people!
Here’s my recipe for getting that “I just got home from a vacation in Maui” look…
- Start with clean skin the night before. Mix a drop of self-tanner into your night cream. Apply to face, neck and chest. In the morning…Viola!
- Use a tinted moisturizer that is slightly darker to match your newly fake tanned skin. This will make your skin look dewy and fresh! No heavy foundation in the summer!
- Tap a little highlighting gel on the tops of your cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose, and tops of brows.
- Select a bronzer that’s not too orange, you don’t want to look like an Oompa Loompa!!! I prefer one that has a little shimmer, and blocks of different shades of bronze, like the classic Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer.
- I love to use a fan brush to apply the bronzer. That way you get a feather light application without streaking.
- Beginning at the temples, apply the bronzer by creating an arc over the cheekbone. Think of it as creating a rainbow of bronzer to highlight your bone structure.
- Bronze your hairline and forehead, over the top of the nose (where your sunglasses would hit), and the chin. Get all the spots where the sun would naturally hit.
- I always finish up the look by sweeping bronzer through the crease of the eye. It pulls the look altogether!!
Apply a little mascara and a pinky gloss, and you have a beautiful, sun kissed glow!!
Find out how getting an airbrush tan is the best way to get your “base tan”!! Enjoy!!